Watch this presentation of a Cornish Type 1 PRC home being rebuilt from start to finish. (coming soon)
Additional information regarding Cornish Type 1 PRC houses.
|Manufacturer||Central Cornwall Concrete & artificial Stone co |
|Designer||A E Beresford / RTonkin|
|Period Built||1946 - 1960s|
|Number Built||30000 type 1 and 2|
|Alternative Name ||Cornish, Cornish Unit, Selleck Nicholls & Williams|
Physical Attributes and Materials Used
- Cornish type 1 PRC houses come in bungalows, 2 storey semi-detached and terraced layout with a medium pitched Mansard hipped roof. The roof is covered with concrete tiles, asbestos cement slates or ceder shingles. Some variations also are known to have an alternative bituminous felt roof. The internal part of the roof is constructed of Timber trusse.
- Ground floor consists of concrete.
- First floor is built with timber tongue and grove boarding with PC cornish units.
- Ceilings are made of plasterboard
- The exterior part of an Cornish type 1 PRC house consists of storey height PRC columns and PC plinth units with splayed joints joggle jointed together with mortar. Internal walls are made of PC wall block or brick. All exterior corners are rounded.
Areas which are defective
- Horizontal and vertical cracking of PRC columns.
- High rates of carbonation and siginificant levels of chloride in PRC columns
- Cracking of first floor ring beams
Environmental and Eco Ratings
- Original Insulation = F rated
- PRC repaired High Density insulation = A Rated
- Original Heating = F rated
- New Combi 97% effecient boilder heating (if installed) A rated
PHONE TODAY ON >>01793 487 903<<
For a Email response Click Here